148th Celebrating July 4th with Northland Fly-Overs
If you're out celebrating the 4th of July, be sure to look up and look for the 148th Fighter Wing.
The 148th announced that they will be busy on Independence Day, flying over 16 communities in Minnesota, Northern Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Each fly over will include two of the 148th Fighter Wing/Minnesota National Guard Block 50 F-16CM jets.
There will be two different flights making stops during the same timeframe, here is a complete list of cities and times:
Independence Day Flight 1– Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan (all times central):
- Duluth’s Canal Park. - 10:40 a.m. to 10:50 a.m.
- Superior - 10:42 a.m. to 10:52 a.m.
- Ashland - 10:50 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Bessemer, MI - 10:56 a.m. to 11:06 a.m.
- Gladstone, MI - 11:15 a.m. to 11:25 a.m.
- Mercer, WI - 11:37 a.m. to 11:47 a.m.
- Mellen, WI - 11:41 a.m. to 11:51 a.m.
- Barnes, WI - 11:51 a.m. to 12:01 p.m.
- Stillwater, MN - 12:10 p.m. to 12:20 p.m.
Independence Day Flight 2 – Minnesota (all times central):
- Cloquet - 10:41 a.m. to 10:51 a.m.
- Moose Lake - 10:46 a.m. to 10:56 a.m.
- Warba - 11:38 a.m. to 11:48 a.m.
- Nashwauk - 11:45 a.m. to 11:55 a.m.
- Ely - 12:06 p.m. to 12:16 p.m.
- Soudan - 12:08 p.m. to 12:18 p.m.
- Aurora - 12:12 p.m. to 12:22 p.m.
The 148th generally does this on the 4th of July, last year's list of celebrations they flew over was much smaller than this year due to the pandemic, but they did do some special fly overs for healthcare workers across the state last May, flying over many hospitals around the state.