Minnesota Officers Warn Public About Rise In ‘Bump-And-Rob’ Carjackings
Minnesota Officers are warning the public about the rise in 'bump-and rob' carjackings that are happening.
An incident happened this past week at the intersection of Roselawn Avenue East and Edgerton Street in Maplewood, MN near a school. The Ramsey County Sherriff's Office shared that story and the warning to the public on their Facebook page.
- Stay vigilant and aware of your surroundings—head up, eyes on other vehicles, ready to make a move.
- Call 911 right away to report the incident—officers can’t respond to every fender bender, but alerting dispatch of the initial incident can expedite a response, if necessary.
- Trust your instincts, if something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t. Tell the 911 call taker what happened and drive to a police station.
- If you have any concerns at all, drive to a well-lit, busy location to exchange information, such as police stations, gas stations, etc.
- Never put your personal safety at risk, don't risk your life for a vehicle.
They did share an update to their Facebook page, as they arrested the six-car thieves: