Santa’s Home For The Holidays Event Begins This Week In Cloquet
The holiday season has arrived and there are plenty of fun things to do in the Northland to get families in the holiday spirit, including a fun series of events this week in Cloquet.
Santa's Home for the Holidays features free and low-cost family-friendly events that officially begin on Thursday, December 1 and continue in different locations throughout Cloquet until Saturday, December 3.
Saturday events include an evening parade, followed by a fireworks display. Here is the full schedule of events:
Thursday, December 1
- 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Chili Feed at Our Redeemer Church, located at 515 Skyline Boulevard.
- 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Storytime with Santa at the Cloquet Public Library.
- 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - West End Open House. Businesses on Avenue C in Cloquet's West End business district will have refreshments.
Friday, December 2
- 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Photos with Santa and spaghetti dinner at Queen Peace, located at 102 Fourth Street.
Saturday, December 3
- 8:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - Pancake Breakfast at Churchill Elementary, located at 515 Granite Street.
- 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Holiday Expo and Craft Fair at Churchill Elementary.
- 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Wood City Motors Holiday Event. There will be magic shows at 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. and Christmas cookie decorating. Wood City Motors is located at 701 Washington Avenue
- 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - Sale and Silent Auction at the Cloquet VFW, 210 Arch Street.
- 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Fire rings and S'mores in the parking lot at Fire Station 1, located at 508 Cloquet Avenue. It's a perfect way to get ready for the parade and Christmas carols will be sung by the the Cloquet High School Madrigals.
- 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Parade and Fireworks. The Santa Home for the Holidays parade starts at 5, traveling down Cloquet Avenue from 18th to 8th street. Fireworks will immediately follow the parade.
Organizers invite community to join in all the fun and remember to dress warm for anything taking place outdoors.
The 14 Stages Of Christmas In The Northland
CHECK THEM OUT: 100 years of Christmas toys, gifts and fads