Here Are The 5 Most Dangerous Intersections in Duluth In The Winter for 2022
Winter in Duluth leads to some particularly challenging travel situations. The steep hills mixed with snow and ice make for difficult and dangerous situations. I reached out to the Duluth Police Department to find out the most dangerous intersections in Duluth for this year.
This information I got includes reported car crashes from 11/1/2021 through 4/30/2022. I will say that I feel like the road construction made for different reports this year as a lot of ramps weren't usable during winter driving.
Things were both similar and different from this year, compared to last year. Here were the top ten most dangerous intersections from 11/1/2020 through 4/30/2021:
- 1600 Miller Trunk Highway - 18 reported accidents
- Mall Drive & West Central Entrance - 10 reported accidents
- Central Entrance & Mesaba - 9 reported accidents
- 257 Mile & Interstate 35 - 9 reported accidents
- South 27th Avenue West Ramp (Northbound) - 9 reported accidents
- West Arrowhead & Kenwood Avenue - 6 reported accidents
- Interstate 35 North Central Avenue - 6 reported accidents
- Cody Street & Interstate 35 - 6 reported accidents
- 5300 Bristol Street - 6 reported accidents
- 1902 Miller Trunk Highway - 6 reported accidents
Now, let's see what the top 5 are for this year:
The 5 Most Dangerous Intersections in Duluth for 2022
1600 Miller Trunk Highway
Coming in with the top spot again this year, is an intersection off a very steep hill near the mall. Last year there were 18 reported accidents, this year there were 28.
1902 Miller Trunk Highway
Moving up eight spaces from last year is the busy intersection heading into the Target parking lot. There were 12 reported accidents this year at this location.
2715 West Michigan Street
Over in the Lincoln Park area, the intersection by Kwik Trip and 27 Liquor had 6 reported accidents. That's just one more than last year and moved up 12 spots.
Arlington & Central Entrance
The intersection between Caribou Coffee and Kwik Trip had 6 reported accidents. Another intersection with one more reported accident than last year and it has moved up 7 spots.
Mall Plaza & Burning Tree Road
The intersection near Best Buy and SuperOne by the mall had 5 reported accidents. This intersection had the same number of reported accidents as it did last year. It also moved up 12 spots.