Veteran’s Day Garbage Collection Schedule Changes For Superior
Wednesday, November 11 is Veteran's Day. The observance holiday was established to honor those men and women who served our country in the military. As a set holiday, a variety of business and government agencies close for the day. Veteran's Day is one of those holidays that is recognized by the City of Superior - and with it comes changes to office hours and city services.
One of those services that gets changed due to a holiday is garbage collection. There will be no garbage collection on Wednesday, November 11 and the city's Municipal Landfill will also be closed to the public. Property owners who normally see their garbage collected on Wednesday will need to heed the changes set forth by the city's Environmental Services Division; Tuesday pickups will see changes as well.
Here are the details:
- Monday pickups - will remain as usual.
- Tuesday pickups - property owners should have their garbage out one day in advance (on Monday) in order to accommodate an accelerated/altered schedule.
- Wednesday pickups - there will be no garbage collection on Wednesday due to the Veteran's Day holiday. Property owners should have their garbage out one day on advance (on Tuesday) in order to accommodate an accelerated/altered schedule.
- Thursday pickups - no change to the usual schedule. However, property owners should anticipate delays.
- Friday pickups - no change to the usual schedule. However, property owners should anticipate delays.
Additional information about garbage service and collection can be found on the City of Superior's website. There's also a wide variety of contact numbers and information available. Click here for direct access.