Downtown Duluth Arts Walk Canceled; Plans Made For Virtual Event
Due to COVID-19 concerns, the Downtown Duluth Arts Collective has decided to cancel their Downtown Duluth Arts Walk - planned for Friday, March 27. At the same time, plans for a Virtual Gallery Walk are being made.
While the physical event for March 27 has been canceled, some of the venues will still host quiet evenings on that date until 8:00 PM for those who want to get out; each of those venues will use sanitary practices on surfaces likely to be touched by visitors. The Downtown Duluth Arts Collective has pointed out that was conditions, regulations, and "best practices" continue to evolve, some of the finer details for that evening may change; they're suggesting that you watch their social media or website for the details.
Here is a listing of the venues still planning on holding scaled-back events on March 27:
- Aaron Kloss Studio at Old City Hall – working artist’s studio – open 5:00 to 8:0-0 PM
- Blush – Garbage Fest Night 1 – open 7:00 to close
- Pineapple Arts Studios – “Humanity - New watercolor and pencil work by Gabriel Christopher” – open 2:00 to 8:00 PM
- Tight Squeek Press – working artist’s studio and print shop – open 5:00 to 8:00 PM
- Duluth Art Institute – Laura Andrews & Paula Gudmundson: Integrated Vision, Shaun Chosa: War Paint, Andy Messerschmidt: Creepy Crawl, Emerging Photographers – open 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Duluth Coffee Company – New paintings by Aaron Booth – 6:30 AM to 7:00 PM
- Joseph Nease Gallery - “Tara Austin – Boreal Ornament III” – open 12 Nonn to 8:00 PM
- Legacy Glassworks – Art by M.E.G. – open 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Lizzards - ART! SO MUCH ART! – open 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Prøve - WTF – open 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Zeitgeist - Art Show. Films. Food. – open 11:00 AM to 1:00 AM
- Tischer Photographic Gallery - New images from Northern California – open 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
For more details, click here.